Why interactive maps?
Many of us have successful Travel Sites and Blog. We always want to encourage our visitors to spend more time on our pages and nothing is better for this than good interactive content.
Trying to be devil advocate. Why I should embed Travegeo maps if I can embed Google Maps, MapBox or other solutions?
There are several things that justify this:
- Travegeo allows user to easily make copies of the maps to work on they own travel plans (but these copies will still have link to your blog and original map)
- Travegeo show custom tailored travel focused destinations — it is not general use map as Google Maps. Example? If you travel to India Varanasi is more important to you than Kanpur even if it is four time smaller.
- Whats on the route — give your users some inspirations that they can see near the route?
- Travel by train — we are living in times of train travel revival. People would like to live sustainably. Travel is the only site that plans to include passenger rail network from all over the world (-> OpenTrainsMap)
- Traveler is free solution
How I can embed?
OK — right now we know why we want embed the question is then how we can embed
In most CMS we can use typical iframe component
In Medium we can embed Traveler maps via direct embed.ly link.
On WordPress either use oEmbed or custom shortcode (more details)
Below interactive map of famous Route 66!